[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 mount points not automatically mounting on server reboot

McKinley, Reid RMckinley at tiaa-cref.org
Thu Aug 6 09:22:03 PDT 2009

Our ocfs2 mount points will not mount on server reboot.

This is a critical issue because we are storing the Oracle Clusterware
OCR and Voting files on a OCFS2 mount point.

We receive this error in the system log:

modprobe: FATAL: Module ocfs2_stackglue not found.

/etc/fstab entries look like this:

/dev/mapper/mpath0      /u02                  ocfs2_oracw
datavolume,nointr,_netdev  0 0

/dev/mapper/mpath1      /u03                  ocfs2_oragrid
datavolume,nointr,_netdev  0 0

We are using the following config:

[root at servername02 ~]# uname -r

2.6.18-92.el5

[root at servername02 ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i ocfs2

ocfs2-tools-devel-1.4.2-1.el5

ocfs2-2.6.18-92.el5-1.4.2-1.el5

ocfs2-tools-1.4.2-1.el5

ocfs2console-1.4.2-1.el5

We have the ocfs and oc2b services configured to restart:

[root at servername02 ~]# chkconfig --list |grep ocfs

ocfs2           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

[root at servername02 ~]# chkconfig --list |grep o2cb

o2cb            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reid M.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

TIAA-CREF