[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 question

Saranya Sivakumar sarlavk at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 15:32:06 PDT 2009

Hi,
We have a shared backup storage that resides on EMC storage and mounted using ocfs2 1.2.3 on a physical standby database in production.
We are in the process of adding another physical standby database and need to mount the backup storage on the new physical standby as well,
 to be able to recover a backup that resides on it.
But the new standby has ocfs2 1.2.9 installed.
Eventually we will be removing the current physical standby from the
configuration, but for a period of time both physical standby may be
using the same backup storage.
Is it ok to mount the shared storage using different ocfs2 versions on different machines?
Please advice.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Saranya Sivakumar