[Ocfs2-users] Multiple clusters per node?

Søren Kröger soren at kroger.dk
Tue Apr 28 00:57:33 PDT 2009

Hi Sunil

I'm trying to split up our big OCFS2 filesystem into 3 separate LUN's,
since there are only a limited amount of nodes which need access to
the different parts of the OCFS2 filesystem.
One "Master" server with RW access should still be able to mount all 3
OCFS2 LUN's, all others would only mount one of the 3 LUN's in RO mode.

What i want is:
- Lowering the impact, when one node crashes and causes deadlocks on
the filesystem for other nodes
- Lowering the impact, when we have to resize a OCFS2 volume
- Lowering the mastery time

Is there one master per filesystem or one master per cluster?
Would 3 separate filesystems under the same cluster be "separated"
enough to achieve?

Kind regards,
Søren