[Ocfs2-users] ERROR: Could not find the storage" when running cluvfy against OCFS2-shared mount-points

ralph.cavalier at gmail.com ralph.cavalier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:22:34 PDT 2009

Hello ocfs2 experts,

OS is RHEL 2.6.9-78.0.13.ELsmp x86
With OCFS2 1.2.9
RDBMS/Clusterware s/w 10.2.0.1

Hoping someone can help me resolve the following error when running cluvfy
to check ocfs2-shared storage. Have validated that the devices were
correctly mounted and cross-referenced with another 2-node RAC environment
we have where we'd successfully run cluvfy on prior to installing RAC:

--
--New RAC nodes where cluvfy is failing:
--

Verifying shared storage accessibility

Checking shared storage accessibility...

ERROR: /jemstha/oraDATA
Could not find the storage

ERROR: /jemstha/oraOCR
Could not find the storage

ERROR: /jemstha/oraVOTE
Could not find the storage

ERROR: /jemstha/oraFRA
Could not find the storage

Shared storage check failed on nodes "tis16db,tis06db".

Verification of shared storage accessibility was unsuccessful on all the
nodes.
[oracle at tis06db cluvfy]$

Yet on our other 2-node RAC env. running same versions of RHEL, OCSFS2 and
Oracle s/w:

--
--Original RAC nodes where cluvfy succeeded:
--

[oracle at dev8 cluvfy]$ ./runcluvfy.sh comp ssa -n dev8,dev9 -s
/jemsr/oraDATA,/jemsr/OCR,/jemsr/VOTE,/jemsr/FRA -verbose

Verifying shared storage accessibility

Checking shared storage accessibility...

"/jemsr/oraDATA" is shared.
"/jemsr/OCR" is shared.
"/jemsr/VOTE" is shared.
"/jemsr/FRA" is shared.

Shared storage check was successful on nodes "dev9,dev8".

Verification of shared storage accessibility was successful.
[oracle at dev8 cluvfy]$