[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 FS with BACKUP Tools/Vendors

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 14:55:14 PDT 2009

   We use Veritas Netbackup 6.0 (With MP7) to backup some export files on a OCFS2 filesystem, didnt have any issues so far but we didnt test it too much either.

   OCFS2 can be regarded as a regular file system, unlike OCFS1 which could not be accessed without a special version of cp and tar. But I doubt Veritas would directly support any issues we eventually find when backing up (or restoring) files from OCFS2.

   If you really want support you might need to copy the files from OCFS2 with operating system commands to a ext3 filesystem and then copy from there.

Regards,
Luis