[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 FS with BACKUP Tools/Vendors

Bumpass, Brian brian.bumpass at wachovia.com
Thu Apr 2 11:30:35 PDT 2009

My apology up front if this has been discussed already.   I've reviewed
the archives back to Nov. 2005 and found little of anything.

I need some information concerning support for OCFS2 by backup products.
Currently we use IBM/Tivoli's TSM tool.    They don't support OCFS2
filesystems.  And it looks like they have no intent to supporting the FS
in next releases.    Note... They do support their own NAS FS, GPFS.
But this costs extra.

Additionally, the small testing I have done is that a file under an
OCFS2 FS backs up and recovers quite nicely.    I have not tested using
ACL-lists.  But don't really care about those.   This issue comes down
to support.

So... I guess what I am looking for is some indication of what the user
community with OCFS2 and doing backups has been along similar issues.

Sorry... The environment being supported is SLES 10 SP2 64-bit on DELL &
HP hardware.

Thanks in advance,

-B