[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 filesystem seems out of sync

Tom Schouteden tsch at newtec.eu
Mon Sep 29 02:22:32 PDT 2008

I did some further testing.  When I try to `ls` the directory from both
nodes, both report the same files and I believe also the same inodes
(?). eg:

debugfs: ls
	17              16   1    2  .
	17              16   2    2  ..
	131593          24   10   2  lost+found
	131594          36   4    1  test
	516105          20   5    2  mysql
	516814          3984 9    2  documents

This is identical on both nodes.  However, when I look at the mounted
filesystem on the node itself, only one node shows the 'test' file.

When I run `debugfs.ocfs2 -R "stats" /dev/Docs/docs` on both systems,
the 2nd node replies:

"open: I/O error on channel while opening context for device /dev/Docs/docs
No device open"

When I run it again, I get the same reply on both nodes:

# debugfs.ocfs2 -R "stats" /dev/Docs/docs
	Revision: 0.90
	Mount Count: 0   Max Mount Count: 20
	State: 0   Errors: 0
	Check Interval: 0   Last Check: Mon Aug 11 14:37:05 2008
	Creator OS: 0
	Feature Compat: 1 BackupSuper
	Feature Incompat: 0 None
	Tunefs Incomplete: 0 None
	Feature RO compat: 0 None
	Root Blknum: 17   System Dir Blknum: 18
	First Cluster Group Blknum: 8
	Block Size Bits: 12   Cluster Size Bits: 15
	Max Node Slots: 2
	Label: KTDMS
	UUID: F0667F99E9E142818F247E21CFAEC441
	Inode: 2   Mode: 00   Generation: 257944831 (0xf5fecff)
	FS Generation: 257944831 (0xf5fecff)
	Type: Unknown   Attr: 0x0   Flags: Valid System Superblock
	User: 0 (root)   Group: 0 (root)   Size: 0
	Links: 0   Clusters: 6651904
	ctime: 0x48a03271 -- Mon Aug 11 14:37:05 2008
	atime: 0x0 -- Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970
	mtime: 0x48a03271 -- Mon Aug 11 14:37:05 2008
	dtime: 0x0 -- Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970
	ctime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
	atime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
	mtime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
	Last Extblk: 0
	Sub Alloc Slot: Global   Sub Alloc Bit: 65535

I have no idea as to while it failed the first time I ran it though.

Looking forward to your input.

Many thanks

tom