[Ocfs2-users] How are people using OCFS2 - any limitations

Patrick Kelly pjkelly at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 13 08:50:33 PDT 2008

University of California, Davis, runs a campus sakai application. Sakai is a group of modules that provides online courseware to the campus. The application is supported by universities worldwide.

We are running sakai using RHEL 4.0. We have six application servers that retrieve and update files stored in our AFS (Andrew File System) infrastructure service. There is currently about 500GB of data stored there, and we anticipate this will grow to 1TB over the next year or two. We are considering moving that data to an OCFS2 file system on an EMC SAN, using fiber channel connections to the application servers.

Can anyone give us some idea of their usage? How large have the file systems grown? How many nodes are connected? Any issues with expansion? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick Kelly
Manager, Campus Data Center
UC Davis