[Ocfs2-users] Persistent lun problem

Pedro Figueira Pedro.Figueira at sef.pt
Wed Oct 1 11:40:22 PDT 2008

Dear all

I'm investigating the possible solutions for persistent device names to
mount OCFS2 disks, without using LVM2 that is not supported. In RH4 if
you reboot the server, add or remove LUNS the device files
(traditionally /dev/sdX) can change, so you can mount the filesystem on
the wrong directory.

>From what I can see there are some solution like the multipath or udev
to create persistent device files. However the solution can be more
simple if in the /etc/fstab file one indicate the label of the OCFS2
volume and not the device file.

I've tried this with OCFS1.2 with good results but my question is if
it's supported (i.e if mounting an OCFS2 volume by label is supported)
and if there is any problem with this approach. Will it work on future
OCFS2 releases?

Best regards and thanks

Pedro Figueira

CONFIDENCIAL NOTICE:
This message, as well as any existing attached files, is confidential and intended exclusively for the individual(s) named as addressees. If you are not the intended recipient, you are kindly requested not to make any use whatsoever of its contents and to proceed to the destruction of the message, thereby notifying the sender.
DISCLAIMER:
The sender of this message can NOT ensure the security of its electronic transmission and consequently does not accept liability for any fact, which may interfere with the integrity of its content.