[Ocfs2-users] fcntl locking problem

zoltan.kiss at serverside.hu zoltan.kiss at serverside.hu
Tue Nov 11 08:43:51 PST 2008

Hello,

I have a problem about the new POSIX locking feature.
I have tested this feature on this configuration:
-Ubuntu server edition 8.10
-kernel 2.6.28-rc4
-ocfs2-tools version 1.4.1 (downloaded from git repo today)

We use an old Clipper program in our company, and as far as i know the dbf
database format uses byte range locking to handle concurrent database
accesses.
I'm wainting for fcntl() locks around 1-2 months in ocfs, because it's
faster than gfs or gfs2, but i'm really need the fcntl locking support.
I'm installed these versions today and if i launch the progam on one server
then the performance, and the locking is great, but if i'm launched the
program on other side (both on two machines) then my databases is
corrupted, because the locks not working proper.

Can anybody help me about that problem?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

Best regards,

Zoltan Kiss
System administrator
Bardi Auto Ltd.