[Ocfs2-users] Non-blocking error when installing OCFS2 1.4.1 from source

Wessel weppel at weppel.nl
Sun Nov 2 09:20:13 PST 2008

Hi all,

We've been using OCFS2 in our cluster setup for quite some time now, and
recently I've been thinking about upgrading the cluster to the new 1.4.1
release of OCFS2, mainly due to various improvements and functions we might
find usefull in the (near) future.

Installing it from source is currently the only way to go for us, as we're
running on Fedora 8, which has OCFS2 1.3.9 bundled with it. I've setup a
test Fedora 8 machine and installed OCFS2 1.4.1 on it. Everything works
perfectly, except for one error when I reboot the machine:

FATAL: Module ocfs2_stackglue not found

This seems to be a modprobe error, but when executing "modprobe -s
ocfs2_stackglue" later on when the machine is finished booting there are no
errors to be seen.

The kernel version is Linux ocfs2test 2.6.23.1-42.fc8 #1 SMP Tue Oct 30
13:55:12 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

The way OCFS2 1.4.1 was installed is this:

(for both OCFS2 and OCFS2-tools, completed without errors or warnings)
./configure; make; make install

The o2cb.init and ocfs2.init from ocfs2-tools-1.4.1/vendor/common/ are
copied to /etc/init.d/, and a final chkconfig --add for o2cb and ocfs2
sealed the deal.

The cluster.conf is setup correctly, and the first-time /etc/init.d/o2cb
configure went through without errors.

The entire system works, mounted volumes etc, and I'm getting the idea the
error is not important. But still, it's an error and I'd like it to go away
if it's of no importance to OCFS2.

Any ideas? I appreciate anybody's input.

Regards,

Wessel