[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 on VMware workstation

Brian Kroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Tue May 20 10:02:26 PDT 2008

Dr J Pelan <johnp at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk> 2008-05-20 17:47:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Tapas Mallick wrote:
>
> > I have installed OCFS2 as per the instruction in two of the Guest
> > OS(Both RHEL 4 AS) in VMware Workstation 6. In the first OS where I
> > export the file system,
>
> There is insufficient information to provide effective help but your use
> of the phrase 'export the file system' troubles me. You do have a shared
> block device that both virtual instances can access, right?

It could be a virtual shared block device.  I do this with an ESX
machine for my test cluster.  Have a look at section 3.3.2.1 of this PDF
for details on that:
http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/07Q2_Oracle_Databases_Software_Solutions_Deployment_wp_061207v2.pdf

I don't know if something similar can be accomplished with the
workstation version.

Brian