[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and VMware ESX

Rankin, Kent Kent.Rankin at orau.org
Mon Jul 28 19:16:02 PDT 2008

What I did a few days ago was to create a vmware disk for each OCFS2 filesystem, and store it with one of the VM nodes.  Then, add that disk to each additional VM.  When you add it, use a separate SCSI host number.  In other words, if the OS is on SCSI 0:0, make the disk SCSI 1:0, or some  arbitrary other HBA number.  Then you can go to each hosts second VM SCSI device and modify it to be shared, and of type Physical (if I remember correctly).  At that point, it works fine.

--
Kent Rankin