[Ocfs2-users] Problems building ocfs2 rpm on Fedora 9

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 17:10:42 PDT 2008

Tina,

   The raw devices are being deprecated on Linux. Since you are using fedora instead of a enterprise distro these changes are already done.

   You can use disk devices directly with the 11g clusterware. Also it probably would work with the main tree OCFS2, that doesnt has the datavolume option, since this implies that the clusterware writes on these devices using O_DIRECT, but AFAIK this not tested on the main OCFS2 and since the clusterware uses some heuristics to turn on these options it could not work with OCFS2.

   If you have metalink access check note 401132.1. Beware that this is broken on 10gR1 and probably the initial 10gR2 patchsets. I didnt found references of patches to include the O_DIRECT on the 10g version of the CRS so I am not sure when this was fixed.

Regards,
Luis