[Ocfs2-users] (no subject)

Haydn Cahir hcahir at directoryconcepts.com.au
Mon Jul 28 20:04:27 PDT 2008

Hi Kent,

Is it possible to get the exact configuration you used for the SCSI device? We have tried a few methods, including RDM mapping but we are having major issues still. Just out of curiosity, do you have the OCFS2 cluster running in a private network on the nodes?

Cheers

>>> "Rankin, Kent" <Kent.Rankin at orau.org> 07/29/08 12:16 PM >>>
What I did a few days ago was to create a vmware disk for each OCFS2 filesystem, and store it with one of the VM nodes.  Then, add that disk to each additional VM.  When you add it, use a separate SCSI host number.  In other words, if the OS is on SCSI 0:0, make the disk SCSI 1:0, or some  arbitrary other HBA number.  Then you can go to each hosts second VM SCSI device and modify it to be shared, and of type Physical (if I remember correctly).  At that point, it works fine.

--
Kent Rankin