[Ocfs2-users] OCFS processes active after a umount [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Jul 24 11:15:41 PDT 2008

Ok. So this is a bug with multipathing. As in, replace ocfs2 with
ext3 and you are going to have the same issue, though it may expose
itself differently.

 From the fs perspective, at the end of the sequence of events you
described, the umount command is not being sent to the fs. Probably
because the there is still an active reference on the superblock.

If you are using EL, file a bug with Oracle. If RHEL, then Red Hat.

Sunil