[Ocfs2-users] Much higher disk usage in OCFS2 then in XFS

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue Jul 15 10:23:49 PDT 2008

That's 175 million files. I hope they are spread out across many
directories.

Our inodes are blocksized.
4k blocksize means 700G of metadata.
2K means 350G.
1K means 175G.

AFAIK, XFS has 256 byte inodes.

Maybe try 1K blocksize and 8K clustersize.

You would be an ideal candidate for the inlinedata feature we
will release shortly. If possible, it stores the data in the
inode itself.