[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 datavolume option and oracle

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 08:28:40 PDT 2008

Jamin,

   If you are using 10g you can create two 170Mb partitions for the OCR and three 20Mb partitions for the voting disk, and you can leave the rest on a single partition for the OCFS2 filesystem.

   I never installed 11g RAC, but the manual says that each partition must be 280Mb or larger, so you will need at least two 280Mb partitions for one OCR and one voting disk, preferrably five, for two OCR copies and three voting disks.

Regards,
Luis