[Ocfs2-users] Question regarding old memory leak

Markus Meyer markus.meyer at koeln.de
Mon Jul 7 06:30:24 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I just started with OCFS2 and set up a 2-node cluster where one node is
writing and both read from the clustered volume. Currently I'm moving
data to the volume via tar and since I started this more and more memory
is used until nothing is left and the box reboots. This takes about two
to three days.

I use the OCFS2 version provided with Debian Etch and I'm not sure if
the memory leak bug mentioned in OCFS2's bugzilla(bug #871) is already
fixed in those packages.

Here the versions:
# modinfo ocfs2
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.18-4-amd64/kernel/fs/ocfs2/ocfs2.ko
author:         Oracle
license:        GPL
version:        1.3.3
vermagic:       2.6.18-4-amd64 SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
depends:        ocfs2_dlm,ocfs2_nodemanager,jbd
srcversion:     0798424846E68F10172C203
# dpkg -s ocfs2-tools | grep ^Ver
Version: 1.2.1-1.3
# uname -r