[Ocfs2-users] size

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Jan 31 11:26:32 PST 2008

The 16TB limit is from JBD. The limit has been relaxed in JBD2 which will
increase OCFS2's limit to 4PB. If you are keen to contribute, you could look
into allowing OCFS2 to optionally use JBD2. That and a few mkfs/tunefs
changes
where we relax the upper limit of the volume should be enough.

BTW, JDB2 dev is still on going. We were waiting for EXT4/JBD2 to somewhat
stabilize before adding this on our todo list.

Sunil