[Ocfs2-users] dlm questions

Charlie Sharkey charlie.sharkey at bustech.com
Mon Jan 7 12:21:06 PST 2008

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Some error condition questions ...

Say in a 4 node cluster one node has a dlm lock. Is
there any way to remove that lock from another node ?

If that node that had the lock suddenly goes down, will
it's lock be removed after a timeout value, or only when the
node reboots and rejoins the cluster ?

If the failing system that had the lock was replaced while
it was down, would the replacement system still unlock
the dlm lock or would the contents of the previous (failing)
system's /dlm/domainname directory have to be transferred to the
new system ?

Thanks again,

charlie