[Ocfs2-users] Possibility for networkless installation (for long distance shared storage)

Michael M. michael at gsc.cc
Thu Jan 3 08:47:37 PST 2008

As we have fiber channel, and we have fiber connections, sometimes direct
p-to-p, where we could run it into our fiber channel switch, and share a
disk array over hundreds of feet, to hundreds of miles, but where servers
wouldn't be able to talk via fast enough network connection, does (or will)
ocfs2 support a mode where there is no network connection needed, and all
voting, and cluster "talking" can be done to the block device itself,
including the heartbeat?

This would allow me to share files between datacenters.

Thanks,

Michael