[Ocfs2-users] "no space left on device" related to directory limit

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Feb 29 12:14:42 PST 2008

Please run the following:

Start tracing ==>
$ debugfs.ocfs2 -l DCACHE INODE NAMEI AIO JOURNAL DISK_ALLOC ENTRY EXIT
allow

Attempt to create a new file on the node that create is failing.
$ touch newfilename

Stop tracing ===>
$ debugfs.ocfs2 -l DCACHE INODE NAMEI AIO JOURNAL DISK_ALLOC off ENTRY
EXIT deny

Email me the /var/log/messages.

Thanks in advance.
Sunil