[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 migration

Mehmet Can ÖNAL mconal at fintek.com.tr
Wed Feb 27 00:58:10 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to migrate my system to ocfs2 and i am testing the methods recommended from oracle. I tried fscat tool to migrate (copy) my ocfs data to another ocfs2 formatted disk. The copying processes is terminated because of not enough space.

My source disk ora1 is 250 GB total space and 536 MB is free for usage. I have clone of this source disk (using EMC storages) and I tried to fscp from this clone. My destination disk is 250 GB total space and as I see copying process is terminated because of not enough space. I checked what is copied or not and I see not copied part is not too small.

I want to  ask

- Is this a special case for fscat (fscp) or is data extended while migration from ocfs to ocfs2?

- do you know another method for migration apart from fscat and backup/restore methods?

Thanx

İyi Çalışmalar

Mehmet Can ÖNAL

Sistem Uzman Yardımcısı

Merkezi Sistem Yönetimi Müdürlüğü

Eskişehir Yolu 4.Km. 2.Cad. No:63 C Blok

Söğütözü 06520 ANKARA

Tel    : 312 289 1053

Voip  : 6432

Faks : 312 2891450