[Ocfs2-users] Re: [Fwd: FW: OCFS2 mounting question]

Ozgur Yuksel Ozgur.Yuksel at oracle.com
Fri Feb 22 00:55:58 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 05:20:11PM +0800, wengang wang wrote:

> John Peeken, Database Installations wrote:

Adding Susan to the cc ..

> >My questions are
> >
> >1.  Per
> >NOTE.391771.1
> ><http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/GET?WwwID=NOTE.391771.1&List=TAG&TAG.Idx=169>
> >	OCFS2 - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
> >
> >it looks like these also need the 'noauto' option -- correct?
> >
> noauto -- wont' be mounted when 'mount -a',
> so, I think it should be determined by customers.

noauto is a good practice but we can survive without it..

> >2. And per
> >NOTE.359515.1
> ><http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/GET?WwwID=NOTE.359515.1&List=TAG&TAG.Idx=174>
> >	Mount Options for Oracle files when used with NAS devices
> >
> >they also need these options -- correct?
> >rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=32768,
> >wsize=32768,tcp,actimeo=0,
> >vers=3,timeo=600
> >
> except rw,  other options are for NFS/NFS4 mount.  no need for ocfs2.
> >
> >3. If a ct mounts with the  _netdev option, does that always mean they
> >are using a NAS device?
> >
> _netdev means when mounting, network should has been setup already.  for
> devices that's via network should mounted with this options.

That does not mean NAS .. Per the o2net mechanism works on the network layer,
the ocfs2 filesystems should not be attemped to be mounted before the network
comes up .. That is simply why we need _netdev.

Regards,
Oz
--

   if (argc > 1 && strcmp(argv[1], "-advice") == 0) {
          printf("Don't Panic!\n");

O Z G U R   Y U K S E L | senior principal support engineer | +90 312 4598900
ORACLE Enterprise Linux / OracleVM - Bug Diag & Escalation, KM Lead, EMEA CM
ugur mumcu cad. 88 c-blok 6.kat gop | ankara | TR-06700 | TÜRKiYE
oss.oracle.com | linux.oracle.com | www.oracle.com/virtualization