[Ocfs2-users] Which version of ocfs2/tools is stable on SLES10 SP2

Peter Santos psantos at cheetahmail.com
Fri Dec 19 09:43:37 PST 2008

Guys,
 Quick question?

 We have had ocfs2 1.2 running for a few years now in our SLES9 SP3
environments, and these are used
 just fine for offloading database backups and archivelogs from Oracle's
ASM (10.2.0.3).

 Last week we installed SLES10 SP2 and ocfs2 on a 2 node RAC cluster
using Oracle 11g.

 The 2 nodes stay up just fine with the Oracle clusterware, and even
with the ocfs2 mounted
 on both nodes.  However when we try to scp data onto either of these
machines from the outside, somewhere
 in the middle of the scp, one of the nodes locks up and crashes.  We
monitered the interconnect and the
 reason the machine is crashing is because at some point during the
copy, the interconnect goes dead and no
 more packets are able to pass through the interconnect.

 When doing the scp, it doesn't matter if we are scp'ing to the ocfs2
partition or to a local partion
 on a completely separate disk. ..either way will cause usually the
first node to lock up.

 We are using ocfs2 1.4.0 and not sure if this is really stable. We
noticed the ocfs2_hb_ctl utility generated
 some errors during install and it seems like no matter what we do, we
can't get the O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD to change
 from its default value. Even if we update the O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD
value in the /etc/sysconfig/o2cb , the value
 from the output of /etc/init.d/o2cb status is always 31.

 Any experiences where 1.4.0 is unstable?  Also where do I get 1.4.1 ?

 thanks.

-peter