[Ocfs2-users] hardware needed for OCFS

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 04:54:08 PST 2008

  What I mean is that they have the full TCP/IP stack in them, and provide a SCSI interface to the kernel, so there is no additional CPU load using them.

  One could instead of using a iSCSI adapter, use a common etherned adapter and mount the iSCSI target using a software driver. The main CPU would have the additional load of disassembling the TCP/IP packets and routing them.

  Btw, I never actually used one of these boards.

Regards,
Luis