[Ocfs2-users] Filesystem Block Size w// DB_BLOCK_SIZE

Karim Alkhayer kkhayer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:20:09 PST 2008

Hello All,

We're hosting DB1 and DB2  with db_block_size  set to  8K, 16K respectively

File system creation is done with mkfs.ocfs2 -b 4K -C 32K -N 4 -L   LABLE
/dev/mapper/xxxx

Mount is done with:  ocfs2  _netdev,datavolume,nointr 0 0

I'd like to know if we can separate most of the tablespaces on different
LUNs, even if they're on the same disk group sometimes, is it possible to
gain better performance? Is the impact limited to the time of creating the
tablespaces only (assuming they're pre-sized properly)?

Current OCFS2 version is 1.2.1

Current OCFS2 components:

ocfs2-tools-1.1.4-0.5

ocfs2console-1.1.4-0.5

# uname -r

Kernel 2.6.5-7.257-default

# cat /etc/SuSE-release

SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (ia64) VERSION = 9 PATCHLEVEL = 3

Oracle 10.1.0.5

Appreciate your input

Best regards,

Karim