[Ocfs2-users] Linux lvm snapshot and ocfs2

Hasse Hagen Johansen hasse-ocfs2 at hagenjohansen.dk
Tue Dec 16 05:54:34 PST 2008

Hi

I am running 2 node mysql cluster on linux using ocsfs2 on top of
drbd on top of a lvm volume

Now I am trying to make a lvm snapshot og the lvm volume for backup.
The snapshot creation is working fine, but I cannot mount it because
the snapshot has the same uuid. I then tried to change the uuid on the
snapshot with tunefs.ocfs2 --uuid-reset , but that is not succeeding -
I think because the cluster thinks it is mounted(because the "original
logical volumes" are mounted). Does anyone know a way to create a
snapshot and then mount it without unmounting the original logical
volumes?

Best Regards  Hasse H. Johansen