[Ocfs2-users] Another node is heartbeating in our slot! errors with LUN removal/addition

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Mon Dec 1 12:40:32 PST 2008

So the problem you are encountering is killing via uuid. You could kill by
device name too.

By now you have the list of heartbeat regions. To get the device name for
a region, do:

$ cat
/sys/kernel/config/cluster/CLUSERNAME/heartbeat/C43CB881C2C84B09BAC14546BF6DCAD9/dev

sdf1

$ ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -d /dev/sdf1

Now makesure that that device is not mounted. It should not be. If it
is, then you probably have used force-uuid-reset to change the uuid of
an active
device. In that case, I see no solution other than a node reset.

But before you do this, I would like some more info.

1. strace -o /tmp/hbctl.out ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -u
F5F0522D39FC4EB2824C3E68C0B1D589
2. uname -a
3. rpm -qa | grep ocfs2
4. rpm -qf `which ocfs2_hb_ctl`