[Ocfs2-users] migration methods (ocfs <-> ocfs2)

Mehmet Can ÖNAL mconal at fintek.com.tr
Wed Aug 27 07:16:26 PDT 2008

Hi everyone;

we have a production system with 6 nodes of RAC upon ocfs file system. We will upgrade our production system that we prefer and (also should) to migrate our data to ocfs2. Both methods of migration, fscat and backup/restore could be useful for us but one thing that we could not find is

1)       If we are using fscp fort he migration method can we use fscp to pass data from ocfs to ocfs2. is fscp biwise, it can copy either ocfs to ocfs2 and also ocfs2 to ocfs?

2)       For backup/restore the doubt is the same. We can restore ocfs backup to an ocfs2, could we also restore ocfs2 backup to an ocfs volume?

Thanx a lot