[Ocfs2-users] Linux-x86_64 Error: 4: Interrupted system call

Daniel Keisling daniel.keisling at austin.ppdi.com
Thu Aug 14 13:50:34 PDT 2008

It is set to 8.

________________________________

From: Luis Freitas [mailto:lfreitas34 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:46 PM
To: ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com; Daniel Keisling
Subject: Re: [Ocfs2-users] Linux-x86_64 Error: 4: Interrupted system
call

Daniel,

    What do you have on db_file_multiblock_read_count on the problem
database?

Regards,
Luis

--- On Thu, 8/14/08, Daniel Keisling <daniel.keisling at austin.ppdi.com>

	From: Daniel Keisling <daniel.keisling at austin.ppdi.com>
call
	To: ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com
	Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 2:52 PM

	Greetings,

	When attempting to start up a database on an OCFS2 filesystem,
Oracle complains with the following errors:

	ORA-27090: Message 27090 not found;  product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
	Linux-x86_64 Error: 4: Interrupted system call
	Additional information: 3
	Additional information: 128
	Additional information: 65536
	*** 2008-08-12 14:02:01.304
	Warning: OS async I/O limit 128 is lower than recovery batch
1024

	Searching for 'interrupted system call" seems to suggest that
filesystem is not mounted with the nointr option, but it is:

	/dev/sdg1 on /var/opt/oracle/oradata/ph1p type ocfs2
(rw,_netdev,datavolume,nointr,heartbeat=local)

	I have no idea about the async I/O limit.  I know that this
kernel paramater is no longer tunable in 2.6 kernels.

	I have a dozen or so databases on another filesystems and on
other machines, none of which exhibit this behavior.  Does anyone know
why it complains of an 'interrupted system call' and I/O limits for this
filesystem and/or if they pose a problem?

	Kernel is 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
	Under Red Hat v5.1 with ocfs2-2.6.18-53.el5-1.2.8-2.el5.

	TIA,

	Daniel

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission
in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return
email
and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading
or saving in any manner.