[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 node reboot method

Masanari Iida standby24x7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 00:01:33 PDT 2008

Hello Tao and Sunil,

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Sunil Mushran <Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com> wrote:
> I believe 1.2.5-SLES-r2997 is the version of the fs and not the
> tools. Meaning, an upgrade is required to the latest kernel
> that is shipping 1.2.9.

OK

> As far as failure to mount goes, one reason could be that the
> default timeout (10 secs) could be low. See if increasing to the
> new default of 30 secs helps.

I think you are talking about following timeout setting,
and it has already extended to 30sec.

O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS=30000

>>>  I would like to catch some useful information for troubleshooting.
>>>  Do you think  tcpdump may catch something?
>>>  Or  Do I need to use debug.ocfs2?
>>>  If latter case, what is the right option?
>>>

>> debugfs.ocfs2 -l CONN DLM_DOMAIN TCP allow
>> mount and check "dmesg".

My case, the symptom (ocfs2 failed to mount a volume using
/etc/fstab) happend when I reboot the system.
Even if it failed to mount (by /etc/fstab), I can mount it later
after I login the system.  So it could be some kind of timing issue.

Your advice "mount and check "dmesg" ) seemed to be a manual procedure.
I would like to know how and where can I set the "debugfs.ocfs2",
and make it run just before the ocfs2 mount.

Regards,

Masanari Iida