[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 processes that need to be up

Krishna Krishnapriyan krishna.krishnapriyan at oracle.com
Wed Apr 16 08:11:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

Any information on the following situation will be appreciated. I am not
on the ocfg2-users mailing list. So, please reply to me directly.

We run our install rests on the farm rac clusters and we have been
checking whether ocfs2 is up by looking for processes [ocfs2vote-x],
[ocfs2cmt-x], [ocfs2vote-x], [ocfs2cmt-x],[ocfs2_wq] where x is a digit.
Our observation was that x was usually 0 but sometimes a larger digit.
Of late we have been noticing that x appears to be a larger multi-digit
number.

Questions: What is the significance of the specific digit/number x? Is
it supposed to be within some range for ocfs2 to be working correctly?
Rather than doing a check of the processes to verify that ocfs2 is up,
is there a command that can be run, that verifies the health of ocfs2?

Thanks,
--Krishna