[Ocfs2-users] Device or resource busy while mounting...

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Thu Apr 24 10:20:46 PDT 2008

I have an OCFS2 filesystem that I'm trying to move from one set of servers to another.  The filesystem is on a SAN, and I've recently set up a new set of servers that I'd like to access the filesystem.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working - I get the following:

xen02:~ # mount.ocfs2 -vv /dev/sdd1 /xenstore/vmdevel/
device=/dev/sdd1
mount.ocfs2: Device or resource busy while mounting /dev/sdd1 on /xenstore/vmdevel/. Check 'dmesg' for more information on this error.

...and there's nothing useful in the dmesg output to indicate why the device or resource is busy.  Can anyone shed any light on this or offer any advice for how to migrate an OCFS2 volume from one cluster to another?

Thanks,
Nick

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.