[Ocfs2-users] Weird lock

Erik Terpstra erik at solidcode.net
Thu Apr 10 07:30:31 PDT 2008

Hi Nuno,

Nuno Fernandes wrote:
> That's because thay are waiting for something that the kernel will provide
> (probably a lock). Please do:
>
> echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger
>
> Check /var/log/messages and paste it here.

Thanks I will provide the information next time it locks.
> The "another" node is also with high load? Is there any program running at
> 100% CPU?

We haven't checked if the other node has a high load, but that is
unlikely, it seems like rebooting any node will fix it.
I will check it anyway next time.

When the system locks, the 'load' keeps rising but there is no
particular process that seems to be the cause of it.

> If yes, i think that the first node is waiting for a lock that the "another"
> node has. Until that lock is released all processes remain in "D" state and
> the load keeps on rising.
>
> Also do:
>
> echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger
>
> Check /var/log/messages and paste it here.
>
> Do a:
>
> ps fax
>
> also and paste it here.

Thanks, I will.
> I also have that problem and i'm still trying to figure it out.

Does rebooting an arbitrary node also fix your situation?

Regards,

Erik.