[Ocfs2-users] Cluster setup

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Wed Oct 10 19:02:42 PDT 2007

No, I mean _USER = user id_.

Sunil, I am sure that OCFSv2 will be 100% reliable common use file system in
1 - 2 years from now. ITY is already reliable enough for non-critical
applocations. But it should not be used for 100% critical applications for
now, except when you have not other chances, and except when it is 100%
certificd combination of software (Linux version, application version and so
on). Single heartbeat channel is 1 proiblem; selffencing in all cases (even
when no activity on FS) is another, not tested in big installations with the
common use files is reason #3.

Remember memory leak an creating / removing file loop? You an run it for 1
hour and 1 day, but it killed server in 1 week. Usually 1 week is enough for
any leak to kill the server.