[Ocfs2-users] Cluster setup

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Oct 10 18:29:16 PDT 2007

Alexei_Roudnev wrote:
> Does Oracle tests behavior of OCFSv2 in case of:
> - 1,000 different users;
YES. By users I assume you mean processes. 500-1000 per node
on a 8 node cluster.

> - host1 appends to the file and host2 truncate it; then host3 rename file.
YES

> - file is removed on node1 but still open on node2;
YES

> - one node creates file and other try to rename another file into it.
YES

> - 900 GB file sytem and we create 1,000,000 directories with 5,000,000
> files in it
No, we limit 32000 files in a directory. Doc in the FAQ.

> - directory with 100,000 files inside
No. See above.

> - file name length 512 symbols in UTF8 encoding
No, as charactersets are not handled by the fs. But knock yourself out.

> - we run 'mkdir x; rmdir x' in a loop for a week...
What so magical about a week. Again, knock yourself out.

> etc etc...
> ??
>
> I am more concerned about OCFSv2 usage as a common file system, and
> not so many about LVM + OCFSv2. OCFSv2 looks pretty stable when used
> for limited ## of files and limited usage scenario (such as Oracle
> usage) but not as a common file system used by thousand of students
> with unlimited fantasy...
No, it does not make your morning coffee.