[Ocfs2-users] OCF2 and LVM

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 06:25:51 PDT 2007

   If I am not mistaken, Veritas Storage Foundation can do. It can also do online resize. But I am not a Veritas expert, feel free to correct me.

>From a whitepaper:

FlashSnap™, a feature of Veritas Storage
Foundation Cluster File System, can create point-in-time
copies of production information (either at the volume or
file system level)

    I dont know if LVM2 can do a snapshot in a clustered environment, but since OCFS2 is journaled, you can probably remount a snapshot without data loss. One could put the database in backup mode and take a snapshot.

Regards,
Luis

Alexei_Roudnev <Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com> wrote: I dont knoiw any lvm technology which can make a snapshort in clustered
environment, so better forget this idea.

Recommended method to do oracle backups is rman. Any violation of this
brings you into the swamp of possible oracle bugs.