[Ocfs2-users] bad magic number?

Alison Jolley Sanchez alisonj at multimode.us
Thu Oct 4 10:43:31 PDT 2007

Everytime I try to start ocfs2 or mount a filesystem, I get the
following error: "mount.ocfs2: Bad magic number in superblock while
opening device /dev/emcpowera1"

This is a 2 node system, and the other node is working fine. I just had
a problem where someone inadvertently changed the kernel on me, but I
changed it back, and now it won't mount. I even tried to reinstall the
ocfs2 but it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alison Sanchez

[root at tap1d2 init.d]# ./ocfs2 start
Starting Oracle Cluster File System (OCFS2) mount.ocfs2: Bad magic
number in superblock while opening device /dev/emcpowera1
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at tap1d2 init.d]# rpm -qa |grep ocfs2
ocfs2console-1.2.4-1
ocfs2-tools-1.2.4-1
ocfs2-2.6.9-42.ELsmp-1.2.5-1
ocfs2-tools-devel-1.2.4-1
ocfs2-tools-debuginfo-1.2.4-1
[root at tap1d2 init.d]# uname -a
Linux tap1d2 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root at tap1d2 init.d]#