[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 on CentOS 4.5 for CRS/RAC

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 16:08:04 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 11:32:52AM -0800, Anjan Chakraborty wrote:
> Mark,
> Thanks to both of you for trying to help me.
> I have alreaddy communicated to Luis that I have to have OCFS2 because my
> software needs Clustering technology that is absent in EXT3. Moreover, both CRS
> & RDBMS homes should also be on shared/clustered system -- so, OCFS2 is the
> only choice.
> If you can help me to understand/resolve this issue, I will really appreciate
> that.
> Please note that my FireWire shared drive works perfectly when I use RAW but as
> soon as I am trying to use OCFS2, all the problems started.

Where did you get the drivers for a shared firewire disk from? Can you try
iscsi or aoe for your shared disk? The shared-disk firewire stuff is known
to be flakey and was only ever intended for quick proto-typing.

Actually, a while ago one of our engineers was consistently getting
corruptions on every block which would change the inode signature from
"INODE01" to "KNODE01". Getting him off of the firewire stuff solved that
issue (hardware and ocfs2 version stayed the same). I'd venture to guess
that you're hitting the same type of problem.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle