[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 on CentOS 4.5 for CRS/RAC

Anjan Chakraborty anjan.chakraborty at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 07:37:06 PST 2007

Hi,
  I sent an email to Mark Fisheh of Oracle Corp. & posted this issue at OTN under Linux thread this morning. I hope that someone among you might have experienced this and can help. On that basis, I am sending this to you too. I am stuck & will really appreciate if you can shed some light on this.
  Thanks.
  Anjan
  I have a 2 node CentOS 4.5 86_64 system (kernel 2.6.9-55.EL). On this I installed Oracle OCFS2 1.2.7-1 (with exact kernel matching). After this I installed Oracle CRS 10.2.0.1 and that installation went fine. Then I tried to install Oracle RDBMS 10.2.0.1 and all the problems started from there. The /var/log/messages file got filled up with messages (giving some to avoid confusion):
ocfs2_read_locked_inode: .. : ERROR: Invalid dinode #0 signature =
ocfs2_lookup: .. : ERROR: Unable to create inode ....

Then OUI gave several error messages, e.g.
.... Invalid stored block length on file ...../em/em.war followed by I/O error in file
Errors in invoking to files ins_rdbms.mk and ins_ldap.mk

Then /var/log/messages gave:
OCFS2: ERROR (device ....): ocfs2_extend_file: Dinode # ...... has bad signature O' # I ....
And the installation failed & CRS died. And the machines reboot.
  I ran fsck.ocfs2 -n /dev/...., it came clean.
I have tested this several timnes & always same thing happening.
If I use RAW partitions, everything works fine. So, the problem may be in the OCFS2 & OS/Oracle -- but, not sure how to bypass this.
I have to have OCFS2 -- can't use RAW for various reasons.
Can somebody please help me to resolve this?
Thanks.