[Ocfs2-users] Linux OS Upgrade and OCFS

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Nov 14 14:36:25 PST 2007

Not a good idea to change so many components in one sweep. Better to
break it into smaller steps.

One suggestion could be to first upgrade from 10gR1 to 10gR2 on EL3
itself. This should require some downtime.

Next upgrade one node to el4.

Next you have to first think about your storage. Do you have spare
capacity on your array? While we provide tools to read ocfs (release 1)
volumes on el4, you will require additional disk space to store that data.

Once the data is copied over, you can take replay the new archive logs to
keep the new db current. (Advantage of upgrading the db first.)

Lastly, this is not the right forum for db related qs. Ping Oracle
Support directly.