[Ocfs2-users] Invalid dinode error

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Mon Nov 12 09:48:46 PST 2007

Did you run fsck.ocfs2 with -f?

It could be that a dentry is pointing to a bad inode#. If you
cannot umount that volume, try running fsck.ocfs2 -fn.
Ignore all errors other than one related to the error below.
All others will be false positives.

If it shows up, umount and run again. fsck.ocfs2 -fy.
DIRENT_INODE_RANGE check should catch and fix this issue.

Sunil