[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 1.2.7-1 for RHEL4 and RHEL5 released

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Nov 7 14:28:42 PST 2007

All,

We are pleased to announce the release of OCFS2 1.2.7-1 for RHEL4
and RHEL5 on i686, x86_64, ppc64 and ia64 architectures.

This release includes three frequently requested updates:

* Fix for bug#5852483. This concerns a possible memory leak in the
size-64 slab during asynchronous io. This bug typically shows up
during a RMAN backup.

* The second is a new feature, local mounts. This allows users to
mount OCFS2 volumes like a local file system, i.e., without having
to startup the cluster. For more, refer to tunefs.ocfs2's man page.

* The last concerns the new default cluster timeouts. This change
was pre-announced during the 1.2.5-6 release cycle.

Please refer to the news for the full list of changes and the FAQ
for instructions on upgrading to this release.
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/news/article_16.html
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_faq.html#UPGRADE

We are also announcing the release of OCFS2 Tools 1.2.7-1 for RHEL4
and RHEL5 on i686, x86_64, ppc64 and ia64 architectures.

This release includes the following new features in tunefs.ocfs2:
* Remove node slots
* Shrink the journal size
* Query the superblock parameters

Please note that while the tools upgrade is strongly recommended for
RHEL5 users, it is _required_ for RHEL4 users.

Refer to the news for the full list of changes in this release.
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2-tools/news/article_5.html

The next announcement concerns the tools source code repository. We have
recently moved the repository from subversion to git. We have also branched
the 1.2 source to allow 1.4 code to be added to the HEAD. Users interested
in checking out the new features in the mainline kernel need to build the
tools from the HEAD. For more, refer to the tools source page.
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2-tools/source.html

Lastly, the file system packages are available for 16 RHEL4 kernels, from
U2 (2.6.9-22.EL) to U5 (2.6.9-55.0.12.EL), and 9 RHEL5 kernels, from
2.6.18-8.el5 to 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5. The packages for today's RHEL5 U1
(2.6.18-53.el5) release is currently in testing.

The next release of OCFS2 1.2 will be available for kernels starting from
RHEL4 U4 (2.6.9-42.EL) to the latest RHEL5 kernel.

As always, we look forward to hearing from you on
the ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com
mailing list.

The OCFS2 Team

OCFS2: http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2