[Ocfs2-users] Upgrading ocfs2 when applying kernel patches.

mwoods at fnal.gov mwoods at fnal.gov
Wed May 30 14:17:17 PDT 2007

I am in the middle of rolling RHEL 4 update 5 ( 2.6.9-55) through my
servers. We use a development, QA, and production rollout.

Unfortunately I have ocfs members in each of these groups that need to
share filesystems.
The network compatibility issues between ocfs2 tools 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 are
causing the members to not be able to operate with ocfs.
Hence this breaks my systems or causes me to upgraded at a minumum OCFS on
all my servers at the same Time once a new kernel starts to be rolled out.
Can these incompatible version changes be kept to a minimum and / or can
the previous tools version be compiled for the last kernel version.( ie
1.2.4 stopped at kernel 2.6.9.42) so to use 2.6.9-55 I needed to move to
1.2.5.

How does anyone else manage this. The current system makes it difficult to
use this in a production environment.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide