[Ocfs2-users] AoE ocfs2 local raid question

Jaime Perea jaime.perea at gmail.com
Wed May 23 00:37:04 PDT 2007

Hello,

Just a small question.

I have a small cluster (16 machines). An external machine is
"exporting" a software raid-5 via the AoE protocol. The machines
of the cluster mount the network device using ocfs2. In my case
the network device is /dev/etherd/e11.1

My question is, can that external machine be also a member of
the cluster? and if so, can it use its local /dev/md0 instead of the
network device when mounting the ocfs2 filesystem?, This can be
useful for backups and/or exporting the ocfs2 filesystem outside
of the cluster.

I want to replace our user area which is now on a NFS filesystem
with that ocfs2 setup, since it definitively goes faster.

Thanks and regards

--

           Jaime D. Perea Duarte. <jaime at iaa dot es>
             Linux registered user #10472

           Dep. Astrofisica Extragalactica.
           Instituto de Astrofisica de Andalucia (CSIC)
           Apdo. 3004, 18080 Granada, Spain.