[Ocfs2-users] Mounting multiple clones

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Mon May 21 17:10:10 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 03:20:25PM -0700, Kendall, Kim wrote:
> Can an OCFS2 filesystem (originating on SuSE 9.3 running OCFS2 1.2.1) be
> mounted up and used on a Red Hat 4 (or Oracle Enterprise Linux) system
> running a newer version of OCFS2???

Simultaneously, or just migrating to another distro?

The disk format is the same, so unmounting completely from one and mounting
on another will work.

If you want to mount simultaneously, you need to be using our cluster stack
(the suse stuff doesn't exist on RHEL4/EL4) configured so that all nodes are
in the cluster. Then, assuming the network protocol version is the same, you
should be able to mount.

1.2.1 is pretty old and the protocol has changed recently so if you're using
anything "modern" on your other nodes, something will refuse to mount.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle