[Ocfs2-users] slow file creation

Matthew Flusche Matthew.Flusche at tvguide.com
Mon May 21 09:32:58 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm troubleshooting an ocfs2 performance problem where creating files in
a directory containing ~180k files is taking significant time to
complete.  Sometimes creating an empty file will take >100 seconds to
complete.  This is a three node cluster.  I'm currently running OCFS2
1.2.3-1.  Are there any changes in a recent version that may address
this issue?  What should I look at to troubleshoot?  The systems overall
utilization is low.

(All 3 systems are identical)
RHEL 4 update 4 - 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELhugemem (32-bit)
ocfs2-2.6.9-42.0.2.ELhugemem-1.2.3-1
ocfs2-tools-1.2.2-1

HP Proliant DL385 - 2 X 2.4 GHz AMD Opteron Processor 250
16GB RAM
2 X emulex LP10000 HBAs
Powerpath 4.5.1

shared disks are from an EMC clariion CX500

Thanks,

Matt