[Ocfs2-users] Out of memory (with 2.6.20)

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Fri May 18 09:13:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 02:46:13PM +0200, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> Hi, I have a two node OCFS2 cluster. I'm using the OCFS2 version included with
> the kernel 2.6.20, as it's shipped in the Debian distribution.
>
> My system runs out of memory after several hours (three or so) of intense file
> copying (rsync).
>
> I'm attaching the contents of /proc/meminfo , /proc/slabinfo and free just
> before the crash.
>
> AFAIR there were some similar problems in a previous OCFS2 version but I
> thought it was already fixed.

Nope - those patches made themselves into 2.6.21, so you're just a bit late
I'm afraid.

Not to worry - I've backported them (and a bunch of others) for 2.6.20 - you
can find a patch at:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mfasheh/ocfs2/backports/2.6.20/ocfs2_2.6.20_fixes-20070502-1.patch

This directory will list everything available (changelog, broken out
patches):
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mfasheh/ocfs2/backports/2.6.20/
	--Mark

--